Parent Advisory Board
The UB Parent Advisory Board provides a forum for the university and a select, representative group of current UB parents to share information from their various perspectives to support student success.
Program Description and Membership
- The Parent Advisory Board provides input on issues of importance to parents and families, to enhance the undergraduate experience and foster student success.
- Members are welcome to re-apply each year during their student's undergraduate career.
- The number on the board will be limited to 50 people who complete an application, representing various class years and UB's in- and out-of state populations.
UB will help members to:
- Support UB, by becoming knowledgeable about the goals of UB, and become successful advocates for the university.
- Connect with UB, by exchanging information and helping members to learn about opportunities available to their students.
- Engage with UB, by providing assistance and feedback on parent and family initiatives and issues and helping other parents become involved in their student's success.
UB Parent Advisory Board members will:
- Attend/virtually participate in two meetings per year: in the Fall, over Family Weekend and in the Spring, on a rotating basis.
- Respond to requests for parent e-newsletter content suggestions whenever possible.
- Volunteer for one event per semester, when possible (activities could include Opening Weekend, Family Weekend, Accepted Students Day, etc).
- Be an advocate for UB within the community.
UB Parent Programs will:
- Organize two meetings per year for members to learn more about UB, to become familiar with additional ways to support their students and to offer parents the opportunity to network with each other.
- Provide opportunities to gather input from members on issues of relevance and importance to student success.